This September I went on an amazing adventure with 9 other team members. We traveled early Friday morning on the Ferry from Juneau, Alaska to Skagway, Alaska for the 2013 Klondike Relay. The relay runs 110 miles from Skagway to Whitehorse, Canada. It consists of 10 legs and runs from 7pm through the night. My team consisted of:
Leg 1 - Steve SueWing
Leg 2 - Ray Dwyer
Leg 3 - Catherine Sayre
Leg 4 - Amy Fosket
Leg 5 - Micaela Fowler
Leg 6 - Me!! (aka Coach)
Leg 7 - Donnie Gott
Leg 8 - Jason Messing
Leg 9 - Sheri Gray
Leg 10 - Julia Mesdag
Each leg is a different distance - mine was 16 miles long.
| Exited to go! |
| Ferry trips bring out the weird in some! |
| Amy rocking her Team Shirt (which glows in the dark!) |
| Amazing team right here! |
| Amy and I right before I begin my leg of the race.... 4 am, pitch black and drizzly. |
| Views on my leg! |
| This race was all about the team supporting each other and encouraging each other to finish. 4 members of the team had run a previous Klondike Race and 6 of us were new to it! |
| Pit stop and team support! |
| Jason rocking his hilly leg! |
| Donnie was so excited to finish her leg... and about her bib number! |
| This was my attempt to capture the incredible amount of bugs swarming around the car.... and our runner... |
| Sheri finishing leg 9!! |
| Julia finishing for the team (leg 10)!! |
| After dinner shenanigans! |
| Our team came in 126th place - not first but we finished! |
| The after party rocked! And I was literally tackled by my team mate Steve - oh the memories! |
| Amy's leg 4!! |
| Amy and I checking out her leg 4 in the daylight! |
| Playing tourist in Skagway. |
| Steve started us off in Skagway. |
1 comment:
I didnt know your shirt glowed!!!! Very cool!!! and running with the bugs sounds nasty! Still SO amazed you ran 16 miles!!!!!! Chelsea
Post a Comment